Make Work Feel Better!
With the help of our co-working community, we are designing a tool to make your work feel better. It’s a task journal designed to help boost your productivity while balancing it with happiness and well-being. The Focus Journal is not meant to be used in place of your digital calendars or project management tools, but alongside of them.
When it comes to planners, one size does not fit all, so we have printed prototype booklets, which we have begun testing through our coworking community.
To get updates, simply sign up for our mailing list through TheFocusJournal.co -
We have partnered with Covenant House Vancouver and will be donating journals and part of our proceeds to homeless youth.
When it comes to planners, one size does not fit all. However, through research and testing, we came up with design elements that act as guides for your thought process while giving you the freedom to use the planner as best fits your way of thinking and planning.
- Planning shouldn’t take longer than it takes to actually do the task itself.
- With so many digital tools, it is way more effective for your brain to write things on paper. The act of moving away from the screen is itself revolutionary in a fast paced digital world. Isn’t crossing off completed tasks the most satisfying thing?
- Not everyone works 9-5 jobs, 5 days a week. This is why the planner pages are undated and ready to use whenever you are ready. You can even use several pages in 1 day.
- We believe in a minimalist approach: Good design is intuitive and invisible when you don’t use it. This is the principle we are adopting in the creation of the focus journal.
- Being productive isn’t everything in life, this is why the journal also has space for fun and well-being. Assessing your levels of productivity, happiness and well-being at the end of each day will eventually lead you to a more fulfilling and balanced life.
- You can use the blank spaces for random notes or to write down your ideas and thoughts.
# Make Work Feel Better